04 August 2010

Jalapeno Poppers

I know, I know. I haven't posted anything new in quite some time. It's summertime, people, and you all know how I love summertime. Have you been busy in the kitchen? you ask. No, friends, I have not,  is my reply. I have been jumping from cabin to cabin and eating delicious foods that other people have made for me. Favorites include: roasted chicken and grilled vegetables; spicy turkey burgers with sweet potato fries and homemade aioli; and rosemary garlic chicken burgers with farmstand sweet corn. Don't worry, my dear radio audience, those have all been added to my kitchen bucket list. Last evening did find me, once again, back in my cozy, little kitchen. I had a hankering for jalapeno poppers that wouldn't quit. So I made some. And then I had a beer. On my patio.  Isn't life grand?!

Jalapeno Poppers
serves 3-4

4 ripe jalapenos - get the fattest ones you can find
1/3 c. reduced fat cream cheese
2 handfuls (about 1/4 c.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 pieces of deli pancetta, diced

1) Cut pancetta into bite-sized pieces and put in a pan over medium-low heat until crispy.

2) Rinse jalapenos.  Slice length-wise and scoop out all of the seeds and cut out some of the ribbing.  Place hollow side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet.


3) Mix together the cream cheese and the shredded cheese.  Spoon cheese mixture into jalapeno halves.  Top with crispy pancetta bits. (Your beer should be started by now...)



4) Place poppers in a preheated, 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is all melty.  You can eat them almost immediately upon removal from oven.



Enjoy!!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails