06 August 2010

Green Thumb

My kitchen bucket list is full.  Tonight's dinner will be steaks on the grill with caprese salad.  The weekend will include things like sweet corn and pork tenderloin and pimiento cheeseburgers.  The weather is nice and we are on a grilling kick. 

Because I have a lack of new recipes to share with you, I am going to brag about the fruits of my labor.  (Herbs of my labor?!)  This summer, I planted my own herbs and have actually kept them alive long enough to use them.  One noted exception would be my sweet basil.  Although, the basil's demise might have more to do with the neighbor boys using their squirt guns on my plants and less to do with my wannabe-green thumb.  Without further adieu, my herbs.

Lemon Thyme

Thai Basil


Flat Leaf Parsley


Sage


Cilantro

Aren't you amazed by how green my thumb is?  Stay tuned for things I will do with these herbs. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails