12 August 2010

Butterscotch Rolls

Coming off of a birthday high over here. Holy crazy cow! Birthdays = delicious food(s). I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've never had a BAD birthday dinner.  As you may have seen in yesterday's post, yesterday was my husband's birthday.  We had these for breakfast:
 and turkey burgers and sweet potato fries with home-made aioli for dinner.

Today = the start of my non-birthday food diet. 

BUTTERSCOTCH ROLLS

1 c. chopped nuts of your choice
(I like hazelnuts, but pecans or walnuts would do equally well)
8-12 quality frozen bread rolls
1 pkg. non-instant butterscotch pudding
1 stick margarine, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar



1) Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of your pan.  Place frozen rolls on top of the nuts.


2) Sprinkle dry pudding on top of rolls.  Melt your margarine in a small bowl and whisk in brown sugar to create a thick sauce.  Pour sauce over the pudding mix.


3) Cover with a clean dish towel and leave on your counter overnight.  In the morning, preheat your oven to 350°F and then bake for 25 minutes.  Or until they look like this:


4) It will be hard to do, but you must let them cool for about 5 minutes.  Then invert them on to a serving tray.


5) Break apart. Eat. Then have seconds.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

The butterscotch rolls look delicious! I might have to attemp to make these for my family this weekend! Thanks for posting Bethany!

Related Posts with Thumbnails