07 July 2010

Summer Lovin'

I love summer so much I want to marry it.  It allows for grilling and for fresh veggies and for sunshine and for fireworks and for icy drinks on the patio and for my pasty skin to become tan (if you squint and view me in the shade...)  Oh summer, how I love you.  Let's always be best friends. 

Inspired by some recent Farmers' Market finds and a bowl of lemons that I have in my kitchen, here is the recipe for Lemon Garlic Veggies on the grill with Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Tenderloins.  (I cheated and bought the meat at the grocery store.)

LEMON GARLIC VEGGIES


1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
4 large carrots, peeled, chopped, & parboiled (about 7 min.)
1 pint baby tomatoes, rinsed
1/4 c. olive oil
juice from 1 large lemon
3 cloves garlic, grated (or finely minced)
palmful each coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped



Toss all veggies with olive oil, lemon juice, grated garlic, salt & pepper.


Chop some fresh parsley.  Add to veggies.  (Mine is from my herb garden.  Yep, turns out my thumb is rather greenish afterall.)


Grill for about 7-10 minutes.  (I parboiled the carrots before grilling...)


Marinate the turkey for at least an hour in italian dressing.  (See mom, not only am I not always as complicated as you think I am, but I learned something from you as well.)  Grill 10 minutes per side.  (Flip every 5 minutes or so...this will let the turkey get cooked evenly.)  Nobody wants to eat rare turkey.  Obviously you should adjust the grilling time if your meat is too pink. 


 ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails