13 June 2010

Jica-what?

Don't you just love birthday dinners?!  I mean, have you ever had a bad birthday dinner?  I never have.  (If you have, please comment below - I want to hear about it!)  Last evening, was my mother-in-law's birthday.  Dan and I spent most of our day in Hastings enjoying good food and good conversation.  If I'm lucky, my mother-in-law will share her recipe for quinoa salad.  Yum!!  I learned last night that I love jicama.  What is jicama, you ask.  I will show you: 
That is jicama.  It would be wierd by itself (unless you had DIP!), but it's great in a green salad. 

I promised in my last post to share my pictures and recipe for spicy roasted broccoli.  Well, I forgot my camera cord when I left Duluth, so you'll have to wait.  On the upside, you know what jicama is :) 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails