11 June 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork


Do you know what makes me feel better when my cookies fail batch after batch?  Pulled pork.  Spicy, meaty, smoky, wonderful pulled pork.  I assume that the healing properties of shredded meat are shared by all.  Here is what I do and it turns out every time.  (Unlike YOU, you stupid bacon cookies.  Whoever thought of bacon cookies?  Stop it right now.)

I have adapted my mother-in-law's method only slightly.  I have a thing with meat on bones, I deal with it when I have to, but mostly I avoid bone-in meat when I can.  I can avoid bone-in meat when making pulled pork because you can make it with tenderloin.  The recipe is easily doubled to serve 8...or yourself 8 times.

1 unflavored pork tenderloin
1 large sweet onion, quartered
a small palmful of coarse sea salt
1 bottle of blue label Famous Dave's BBQ
1/2 sweet onion, chopped


1.  Chop tenderloin into 1-2" pieces and quarter your large onion.
2. Place pork in to crockpot or slowcooker, cover with onion chunks and salt.
3. Cook at high until pork is done through.
4. Remove onion chunks (they are mushy now, watch out!) and throw them away.
5. Shred pork with two forks.
6. Stir in one bottle of bbq.  Turn heat down to low and warm through.
7. When ready to serve, mix in chopped onion.  (We like the crunch.)

Serve with jalobeanos (!) and roasted broccoli.  (Pictures tomorrow)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails